AREAS OF PRACTICE
Consumer Protection →
Personal Injury →
Medical Malpractice →
Tulane University – English
Tulane University School of Law – J.D.
EDUCATION & COURT ADMISSIONS
Jack attended Tulane University, where he majored in English and minored in Physiology. While at Tulane, Jack played lacrosse. Jack received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the Tulane University School of Law.
- Supreme Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Circuit Court, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court, Eleventh Circuit
EXPERIENCE & SCOPE OF PRACTICE
Since 1992, Mr. Gordon has combined his passion for helping others with his precision advocacy, and has represented more than 2000 clients in every kind of case ranging from unlawful debt collection practices, to catastrophic vehicular accidents to boat explosions to surgical errors to failed hospital equipment. In addition to representing families who have suffered as a result of debt collection abuse, and families that have lost members due to wrongful death, Jack has represented clients who have suffered every type of injury from spinal perforations, to silicone induced fibromyalgia, to brain traumas, to paralysis, to organ loss.
Mr. Gordon concentrates his practice in representing individuals who have been the subject of abusive and illegal debt collection practices, as well as those who have been injured, and families whose relatives have been killed, as a result of medical malpractice, automobile negligence, security hazards, and defective products. Mr. Gordon has been honored for his skill and experience as a trial lawyer by faculty appointment to lecture to licensed attorneys across the United States on the subjects of Evidence, Civil Procedure and Trial Advocacy. He is rated AV by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating an attorney can achieve in the areas of legal ability and ethical standards.
“Jack” Gordon, who has been practicing law for more than 20 years is both state and nationally Board Certified as an expert in Civil Trial Law. He is a member of the Florida Bar, the American Trial Lawyers Association, the Hillsborough County Bar Association (Trial Lawyers Section), Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association and the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers. Mr. Gordon is licensed to practice, and has appeared, in Circuit Courts throughout Florida, in the Middle and Southern District United States Federal Courts, and in the United States Supreme Court.
Articles about Mr. Gordon and his legal triumphs have appeared in Forbes magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Tampa Tribune, Palm Beach Post, Miami Herald and Tampa Bay Magazine.
With a strong work ethic, established by his family and forged by a father who worked as a brick mason, Jack has been driven to succeed in all aspects of his life — from excelling in school to winning in the courtroom today. While earning his Bachelor’s degree in English at Tulane University, Jack played lacrosse and minored in physiology. At Tulane University School of Law he combined his passions for health and scholarship, and in 1988 introduced to the Louisiana legislature a proposal forcing pharmacies to provide enhanced disclosure on consumer prescriptions.
Out of law school, Jack clerked for Judge Edward Barfield in the First District Court of Appeal and then received appointment as Special Assistant Public Defender for the Appellate Division of Dade County, Florida. In 1990, he became the youngest certified Circuit Court Arbitrator in Palm Beach County. Entering private practice in 1992, Jack served as legal counsel to U.S. Total Health and Fitness and Gold’s Gym, and still found time to earn APFC, IPFA and ACE certifications as a personal trainer.
It is this background that naturally led Jack to representing plaintiffs suffering from injuries as a result of negligence and medical malpractice. In 1994, Jack established his reputation by successfully representing more than 120 women injured as a result of silicone breast implants in cases against the pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Mr. Gordon has also achieved national recognition for his efforts in seeking to overcome tribal sovereign immunity on behalf of critically injured clients in multiple lawsuits filed against the Seminole Tribe of Florida over the course of the past 20 years. In 2011, Mr. Gordon was profiled in Top Verdicts 2011 for achieving the #1 Dram Shop Liability judgment (8.25 million dollars) in the state of Florida that year.
PROFESSIONAL HONORS & AWARDS
- Selected among the Best Lawyers in the Bay Area by Tampa Bay Magazine.
- Selected for inclusion in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. This is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state in the nation who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile.
- Selected as one of the Leading Attorneys of the Southeastern United States, by Goldline Research and profiled inForbes Magazine.
- Rated AV Pre-eminent by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating an attorney can obtain in the areas of legal ability and ethical standards.
- Named to Florida’s Legal Elite by Florida Trend magazine.
- Selected for inclusion and profiled in SuperLawyers.
- Three-time Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer by the Florida Bar.
- Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Trial Advocacy.
- Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil PreTrial Practice Advocacy.
- Chosen by The Legal News as among the top 3% of attorneys in the nation.
- Named as Lifetime Member to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.